Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make this soup every Christmas Eve. Everyone loves it. So good!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In dutch oven, saute onion, celery and carrots in butter until onion is transparent.
- Reduce heat.
- Blend in flour and cook until bubbly.
- Gradually add chicken broth, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat.
- Add wild rice, cream, turkey, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
This was soooo good and easy to make. I had cooked wild rice in the freezer and all I did differently was to cut the recipe in half, use chicken (which I had already cooked), shredded carrots (which I already had) and added about 2 tbls. poblano pepper chopped small and 1-2 minced garlic cloves and sauteed them with the onion mixture. I did use 2% milk because I found out I was out of cream. Going into my Favorites of 2011. Thank you for a quick and easy recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
Delicious and easy. Much more easy than the recipe I used to use. I added just a smidge more seasonings, but really this is a great recipe and thank you:)
I've made a similar soup in the past, but this is easier! I used 1 Tb olive oil and 2 Tb butter instead of the half cup of butter as written. Both DH and I loved it. Made for fall PAC.