Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cold Wild Rice Salad with Grapes
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey or 3 cups chicken
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup seedless grapes, -sliced into halfs
- 1⁄2-1 cup salted cashews
- 2⁄3 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook wild rice until it is fluffy and drain.
- Cook turkey or chicken and cube (boil until cooked).
- Mix into a bowl: cooked wild rice, cooked meat, chopped green onions, water chestnuts, and sliced grapes.
- Mix together dressing ingredients: Miracle Whip, milk, lemon juice, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Combine dressing and wild rice mixture and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with salted cashews.
This is an awesome salad!! When I make it I used brined chicken breasts. Really boosts the flavor.