Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 6 ounces long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 2 1⁄2 ounces canned mushroom slices, drained
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 cup swiss cheese
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Combine rice, turkey, mushrooms, carrot, broccoli and 1/2 cup swiss cheese in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine half and half, sherry and pepper.
- Fold into turkey mixture.
- Cover with remaining swiss cheese.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Very good and so easy my hubby could make it.
This was the best leftover turkey casserole recipe I have ever had! Definately a keeper! My son and I are lactose sensitive, so I used plain coffemate (or Silk makes creamer too) and mozzerella cheese (3/4 cup) instead. Still was very tasty and very healthy. Thank you!
Absolutely delicious. I left out the mushrooms and carrots (picky boys) and I used two small boxes of Rice-a-Roni long grain and wild rice mix. Kept everything else the same (used more broccoli). At any rate, this casserole was very tasty! Loved the Swiss cheese and broccoli in this, and fresh Parmesan over the top. Great casserole for leftover turkey! A winner.