Recipe by OSUChrissy
This recipe is from the Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook. It is a favorite recipe from the National Turkey Federation.
Top Review by Legna
This was really easy to make. I used chicken instead of turkey & omitted the mushrooms (company didn't care for it). I doubled it & put it in a 9X13pan. I wasn't sure that the water would be absorbed, but it did. I also forgot to cover it while baking, but that didn't seem to matter. The swiss cheese was delicious on it. <br/>Made for Spring PAC 2014
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend, mix uncooked with seasoning packet
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) canwhole artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In 2-quart lightly greased casserole dish, combine rise with seasoning packet, water, turkey, mushrooms, artichokes, & pimiento.
- Cover & bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Top casserole with cheese.
- Return to oven & bake uncovered, 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted & golden brown.