1 hr 15 mins
This is something great to do with that leftover turkey. My friend Gail makes this with fresh cooked turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon water (in addition to the above)
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb cooked turkey, , shredded (, about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- green leaf lettuce
- 1Bring 3 cups water, wild rice and 1/2 tsp salt to boil in heavy medium saucepan.
- 2Cover and cook over medium-low heat until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 55 minutes.
- 3Cool rice completely.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Combine cranberries and remaining 1 tbsp water in heavy small saucepan.
- 6Cook over medium-low heat until cranberries just begin to soften, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- 7Add sugar and cook over high heat until sugar is dissolved and cranberries are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 8Transfer to plate and refrigerate until chilled.
- 9Steam carrots until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- 10Rinse carrot with cold water to cool.
- 11Whisk olive oil, lemon juice and garlic to blend in small bowl.
- 12Season dressing with salt and pepper.
- 13Combine rice, carrot, turkey, celery, parsley, onion and raisins in large bowl.
- 14Pour dressing over.
- 15Add cranberries and toss thoroughly.
- 16(Can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Line 6 plates with lettuce leaves.
- 17Divide salad among plates and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey, Wild Rice and Cranberry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.1
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 254.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 16.2 g