Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
One day I was looking for a way to use some of the items I had on hand in the refrigerator and the pantry, using ground turkey as the main ingredient. This is what I came up with and it has become a favorite.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red cherry pepper, minced
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey
- 14 ounces diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 15 ounces small white beans
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Begin heating water for egg noodles.
- In large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Saute onions and celery (salt and pepper to taste) until soft (5-6 min.). Add mushrooms, sauté until mushrooms begin to sweat (3-4 min.) . Add garlic and red pepper, sauté until fragrant (1 min.). Remove from pan and set aside.
- To pan add turkey, breaking up as it cooks. Cook until no longer pink. Add reserved onion mixture, tomatoes, and beans. Stir to mix, cook until bubbling.
- When water is boiling, add egg noodles (1 teaspoons salt) and cook as directed (7-8 min.).
- Whisk together chicken broth, cream, flour, paprika, oregano, basil, and parsley. Heat in small pot until simmering, stirring frequently. Add sauce to turkey mixture, mix thoroughly and heat through.
- When noodles are done, drain, do not rinse, return to pot. Add turkey and sauce mixture, stir well. Pour mixture into a greased, deep casserole dish. Top with parmesan then fried onions. Bake 20-25 minute or until bubbly and top is lightly browned.