Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Phase 1 of the Fast Metabolism Diet
Make and share this Turkey, White Bean and Kale Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 3 cups diced red onions
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups peeled cubed butternut squash or 6 cups kombucha
- 6 cups chopped kale, ribs removed
- 15 ounces butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces adzuki beans or 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a large pot saute the turkey onions, celery, garlic and ginger in 2 tablespoons water until soft. add broth, squash, kale, beans and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are tender. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.