Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I like to make this with holiday leftovers which makes it a snap to make. It's good on both raisin bread and croissants.
- 1 cup cooked turkey, in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 small Red Delicious apple, cored and cubed
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices raisin bread
- In medium bowl, combine turkey, celery, apple, walnuts, mayonnaise,
- yogurt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight to allow flavors to blend. (Turkey mixture will keep in the refrigerator up to 4 days.)
- To serve, arrange a lettuce leaf on a bread slice. Spoon 3/4 cup turkey mixture over lettuce leaf and top with other bread slice. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Delicious!!! This is an awesome way to enjoy leftover turkey, instead of the standard turkey/mayo sandwich!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and subbed Granny Smith apples and a croissant, as it was what I had on hand. We had a Sunday dinner of Turkey, mashed taters etc., but all the turkey was sliced, so I just buzzed it a couple of seconds in the mini food processor and then added the rest of the ingredients, so quick and easy. So surprised I didn't miss salt and pepper or onion in the salad. Definitely will be a repeat for us!! Thanks for sharing the recipe Vic!! Made for "The Best of 2014" tag game!!
So yummy. I quartered the recipe (for just my lunch) and served it over chopped romaine lettuce. It was delicious. I really loved the combination of yogurt and mayo, which made it a bit healthier. I loved the crunch from the apples, walnuts and celery. Thank you!
We really enjoyed this delicious recipe, which I made as written. The sandwiches were perfect with excellent flavors and textures. All the ingredients really complimented one another beautifully. The spiced dressing was so good. I chilled the salad filling for about 4 hours and served it on freshly baked croissants. Thank you Lazyme for sharing this wonderful recipe, which I will make again. Made for Sweet December 2014.