Recipe by lazyme
I like to make this with holiday leftovers which makes it a snap to make. It's good on both raisin bread and croissants.
Top Review by diner524
Delicious!!! This is an awesome way to enjoy leftover turkey, instead of the standard turkey/mayo sandwich!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and subbed Granny Smith apples and a croissant, as it was what I had on hand. We had a Sunday dinner of Turkey, mashed taters etc., but all the turkey was sliced, so I just buzzed it a couple of seconds in the mini food processor and then added the rest of the ingredients, so quick and easy. So surprised I didn't miss salt and pepper or onion in the salad. Definitely will be a repeat for us!! Thanks for sharing the recipe Vic!! Made for "The Best of 2014" tag game!!
- 1 cup cooked turkey, in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 small Red Delicious apple, cored and cubed
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices raisin bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine turkey, celery, apple, walnuts, mayonnaise,
- yogurt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight to allow flavors to blend. (Turkey mixture will keep in the refrigerator up to 4 days.)
- To serve, arrange a lettuce leaf on a bread slice. Spoon 3/4 cup turkey mixture over lettuce leaf and top with other bread slice. Repeat with remaining ingredients.