Recipe by Valkyrie
So easy and delicious, I got the recipe from Slow Cooking magazine
Top Review by LARavenscroft
This was okay. It wasn't really anything spectacular. I was, however able to take the leftover turkey and sauce and make it into a tasty soup. I must might make it again for a soup base. 1/7/07: Updated to four stars to be used as a base for soup. The soup that I made out of the leftovers was good. I added extra chicken broth, another cup of salsa verde, 1 cup of frozen corn, 1 can of white beans and an additional tsp of cumin. I will definitely make this again as a base for soup - White Turkey Chili.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless turkey breast, half skin removed
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmild green chili salsa
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium potato, chopped about 3/4 cup
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (8 -10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place turkey in 3 1/2 to 4-qt slow cooker. Mix salsa, onion, garlic, broth and cumin; Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours, or until center of turkey is no longer pink when cut.
- Remove turkey from cooker, place on cutting board.
- Cut turkey into slices, serve with sauce and tortillas.