Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
Keep toasty as the weather turns cool with this tummy-warming homemade soup. Made hearty with turkey, rice, a bounty of fresh vegetables, and savory seasonings, the recipe it easy to follow and results in a tasty dish you can be proud of.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 dash dried marjoram
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey, bite-size cubes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 3 slices bacon, crispy-cooked and crumbled
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion, salt, pepper, and marjoram leaves; saute until the onion is tender.
- Add water, broth, rice mix with seasoning, carrots, mushrooms, celery, spinach and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Stir in turkey, cream, and sherry; heat through - DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove bay leaf and ladle into warmed soup bowls. Garnish with bacon pits and parsley; serve with warm crusty bread, and ENJOY.