Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Keep toasty as the weather turns cool with this tummy-warming homemade soup. Made hearty with turkey, rice, a bounty of fresh vegetables, and savory seasonings, the recipe it easy to follow and results in a tasty dish you can be proud of.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 dash dried marjoram
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 1/2 cups cooked turkey, bite-size cubes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 3 slices bacon, crispy-cooked and crumbled
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, salt, pepper, and marjoram leaves; saute until the onion is tender.
- 3Add water, broth, rice mix with seasoning, carrots, mushrooms, celery, spinach and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables and rice are tender.
- 5Stir in turkey, cream, and sherry; heat through - DO NOT BOIL.
- 6Remove bay leaf and ladle into warmed soup bowls. Garnish with bacon pits and parsley; serve with warm crusty bread, and ENJOY.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey, Veggies & Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.2
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 116.5 mg
- Sodium 783.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend