Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great recipe from Very Best Baking ... I always have Evaporated Milk leftover after holiday baking and alot before. This is a great recipe for that and to make after Thanksgiving to use up some turkey.
- 8 ounces dry whole-wheat spaghetti
- 16 ounces frozen italian-style mixed vegetables (broccoli, red peppers, mushrooms and onions)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 fluid ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) canevaporated lowfat 2% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups cooked chopped turkey breast
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- PREPARE pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables to boiling pasta water for last minute of cooking time; drain. Return pasta and vegetables to cooking pot.
- MEANWHILE, HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat; gradually stir in broth. Return to heat; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in evaporated milk and 1/2 cup cheese; cook over low heat until cheese melts. Remove from heat. Stir in turkey.
- POUR cheese sauce over pasta and vegetables; mix lightly. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.