Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Get way to use up ALL of your leftover turkey!
- 2 onions, halved
- 4 cloves
- 3 celery ribs, chopped coarsely
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 carrots, chopped coarsely
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 -8 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage or 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory or 1 tablespoon fresh savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 1⁄2-4 quarts water
- 1 turkey carcass
fter removing everything from the broth
- 1 -2 leek, chopped
- 1 -2 stalk celery
- 1 -2 carrot
- 1 -2 cup frozen green beans
- egg noodles
- Cook broth 2-3 hours. Strain and toss the veggies.
- Saute the leeks, celery and carrots in 1 T butter until lightly cooked. Add 1-2 cup chopped turkey, veggies and noodles to soup. Cook 12-15 minutes and serve.
WoW!! Such a delicious soup and great recipe!! I used a wild turkey and it was great. Thanks for sharing this healthy and filling soup recipe!!