Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was printed in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper. I have indicated prep time as 5 minutes, as the only thing involved, is opening the bag of mixed vegetables, sliced mushrooms, and egg noodles. Preparation time assumes the turkey is already cooked.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) packageuncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups cut-up cooked turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Heat mixed vegetables, mushrooms, broth, marjoram, pepper, onion and noodles to boiling in a 10 inch skillet; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally; until noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in turkey.
- Mix sour cream, water and flour; stir into turkey mixture.
- Heat to boiling.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
I had so many raves and compliments on this recipe.I was asked to make it again.This was so easy to make and low in cost.I did use chicken instead.I also prepped 1 day in advance,put it into casserole pans and topped with a crumb topping.DELICIOUS