Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is definitely a work in progress. Don't make this unless you're wanting to find ways to improve it.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 56 g onions, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 200 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 400 g yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 lb skinless boneless turkey breast
- 1 cup spinach (optional)
- In a large soup pot, saute garlic, celery and onion in about 2 TBS of the fat free chicken broth until glassy but not browned.
- Add water, chicken broth, carrots, and potatoes and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pull out 1/2 of the potatoes, mash and stir back into soup.
- Add spices, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, and cabbage.
- Break up tomatoes with your spoon.
- Allow to cool, add brown rice and turkey cutlets.
- When ready to finish, bring soup to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for 40 minutes. If using, add spinach in the last 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with some crusty bread and parmesan cheese if desired.