Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This quick and easy soup uses left over turkey and is the perfect thing for those cold Chicago nights.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed tomatoes (the kind with onion, celery & green pepper)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces canned mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 lb turkey, cooked, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup instant rice
- Mix all ingredients except rice together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add rice. Simmer for 15 minutes.
I really enjoyed this soup, but my husband and 3-year-old son did not. It could use a bit more seasoning, I think. I followed the recipe as listed, with the exception of omitting the mushrooms (allergy).
This was a very good soup recipe. Thanks for posting.
I used this as a base recipe and added fresh mushrooms in place of canned, canned whole tomatoes in place of sauce, and used noodles in place of rice. It turned out great. Thank you Michele!