Great use for extra Thanksgiving turkey
Make and share this Turkey-Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups cooked turkey, or, chicken, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 cup dried orzo pasta
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in chicken broth, water, tomatoes, beans, thyme, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, zucchini, green beans and orzo. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Remove the bay leaves. Serve hot.