Recipe by karla1
I don't usually make alot of soup, but I cooked a turkey last night for supper and decided to make some turkey soup from scratch...I am writing this now so I won't forget what I put in it..My family is very fussy but this was gone by breakfast today...I only got a very small bowl to taste!
Top Review by STARTERWIFE
I dont know,i didnt see spinach as last viewer said,maybe I missed it,anyway I didnt use tomatoes,i dont like tomatoes with chicken bullion ,but I do use turkey and the rest plus green beens.
- 1 turkey carcass
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄2-1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 1 pinch sage
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 pinch garlic
- 1 pinch celery seed
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon spinach and mixed herbs (I use tastefully simple, it is just a mixture of dried spinach flakes, onion, green onions, dill and)
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 40 g of lipton chicken noodle soup (the one that uses 4 cups of water when you make it.)
- 1 cup turkey meat (as much or as little turkey meat you prefer)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes (I used my homemade ones with onion, celery and green pepper added)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place turkey carcass into a large stock pot and completely cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil and then turn down to 7 (medium high) and cook with lid on for approxiamately 2 hours.
- Remove all bones and keep any meat that you can remove from the bones so you can place the meat back into the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and 2-3 cups of water to the pot and simmer for 1-2 hours.