Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted by request
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed, and chopped
- 1 cup diced broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large egg (or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- homemade cranberry sauce, for serving or canned cranberry sauce, at room temperature for serving
- .Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the onion, mushrooms, broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots with salted water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes; drain well and transfer to a big bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except the cranberry sauce; mix well.
- Turn the mixture into a lightly oiled 9 x 5 inch loaf pan; gently pat down.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until the loaf is firm and the top is lightly browned.
- Let stand in the pan for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Remove the loaf from the pan, transfer to a platter, and slice to serve; serve with cranberry sauce.