Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
You don't have to wait for Thanksgiving to get your fix of holiday turkey! The inviting aroma of this tasty casserole pulls you in while the light hint of sweet apple flavor keeps you coming back for more. Budget dinner price: $2.89 per serving.
- 453.59 g bag frozen stew vegetables (potatoes, carrots, onion, and celery)
- 510.29 g jarhome-style gravy (1 3/4 cups)
- 4.92 ml finely snipped fresh sage or 2.46 ml ground sage
- 473.18 ml cooked turkey or 473.18 ml chicken, cut into slices
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1 cooking apple, thinly sliced
- fresh sage leaf (optional)
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F In a large microwave-safe bowl combine vegetables, gravy, and the 1 teaspoon sage. Cover with vented plastic wrap; microwave 4 to 6 minutes more or until stew is heated through and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl combine pepper and nutmeg; set aside.
- Spoon stew into four 14- to 16-ounce casserole. Top with apple and, if desired, fresh sage. Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with nutmeg mixture. Bake uncovered, for 10 minutes or until bubbly and apple slices begin to brown.