Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
A lighter take on the good ol' American hamburger....dark meat turkey has more flavor and makes for a moister burger. The minced veggies liven things up.
- 1 lb ground turkey, dark meat
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pulse onion, garlic, celery and bell pepper in food processor until finely minced.
- Saute vegetable combo in olive oil on medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool.
- In large bowl, add lightly beaten egg white, bread crumbs, sauteed vegetables and ground turkey, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix lightly by hand until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Form turkey mixture into four burgers and chill for 15-30 minutes.
- After burgers have chilled, grill for 5-7 minutes per side.
- Serve on toasted onion or whole wheat hamburger buns with mayo, lettuce and tomato.