1/1 Photo of Turkey Veg out Sandwiches
After being on a totally fat free diet for several weeks, I went to a restaurant and had a variation on this sandwich. I felt like they used too much fat, so I have cut it down more than they did and renamed the sandwiches. I like my food to look good and taste good. This recipe fits both requirements and is good for you too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup yellow squash, sliced and diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, sliced and diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, sliced and diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, sliced and diced
- 1/2 cup bermuda onion, sliced and diced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced and diced
- 1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 6 onion rolls, unsliced
- 6 ounces lean turkey breast
- 1 tomato, sliced into 6 slices
- 3 ounces provolone cheese, sliced into 6 slices
- 1Saute or steam vegetables in chicken broth.
- 2Take a thin slice from the top of each roll and scoop out the center leaving about 1/4 inch around the sides.
- 3Fill rolls with the drained vegetables.
- 4Top each sandwich with 1 oz of turkey, a slice of tomato and a slice of cheese.
- 5Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and place sandwiches on tray.
- 6Cook under broiler until the cheese melts.
- 7Serve with soup or a fruit salad for a pretty and tasty luncheon.
- 8My mother uses the filling in tortillas and rolls them up instead of using the onion rolls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Veg out Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 769.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 15.1 g