Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipe for any extra turkey you might have after the holidays. Its nice and creamy, full of fresh veggies, with a tender, flaky crust. You'll want to make sure you have extra turkey for this!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil, and add mushrooms, green beans, onion, garlic, thyme and rosemary.
- Cook until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Add flour and cook, continuously stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add cream and stir until thickened, then remove from heat.
- Mix turkey, salt and pepper into the cooling mixture and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Unfold the pastry sheets and cut into 4 squares.
- Divide turkey mixture and spoon into the middle of each square.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with water, then fold over to form a triangle, pressing the edges to seal, and crimping the edges with a fork.
- Place finished pastries on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
This is SOOOO delicious. I made half with turkey and half with chicken. I served it with cranberry sauce. The flavors are wonderful!