Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a neat way to use up some of that leftover turkey Use more than 6 oz of turkey if you wish. Substitute ham, chicken or leftover roast for the turkey I like to use Aged Cheddar for more flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled,cut into large chunks (you will be grating them after cooking)
- 12 ounces turnips, peeled cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, mild,mediun or old,shredded
- 6 ounces cooked turkey, coarsely chopped
- Boil the Potatoes& turnips for apprx 10 minutes, the potatoes should be cooked but still firm, drain and allow to cool.
- Coarsely grate the potatoes& turnips into a bowl Add Parsley, salt& Pepper, toss to mix well Heat half the oil in a 9" skillet and swirl it around so it coats the whole pan Pat half the potatoe/turnip mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan, top with half the cheese, then all the turkey, followed by the remaining half of the cheese, pat the remaining potato mixture on top Cook for apprx 10 minutes uncovered over medium heat or until the bottom is golden and crispy Using a spatula& shaking the pan gently loosen the Rosti Invert a flat plate onto the pan, using oven mitts, firmly holding the plate and pan together invert the rosti onto the plate, Heat the remaining oil in the pan then slip the rosti back into the pan unbrowned side down and cook for another ten minutes, uncovered or until golden Cut in wedges and serve.