Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice hearty soup with a kick! Great for using up leftover turkey or chicken. Serving size listed is for 1 cup soup. From a local grocery flyer.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄16 ounces taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups turkey broth
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut into cubes
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- Saute onion in olive oil in 5 quart saucepan over medium heat until translucent.
- Stir in chilies and taco seasoning; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Add corn and turkey.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Add cilantro.
- Spoon into bowls and top with tortilla chips and cheese.
My wife and I decided to try this recipe. we did change it just a bit, we used ground turkey and instead of corn we used white hominy(posole). easy, quick, and very good.