Recipe by children from A to Z
This is from BH&G. Great way to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this recipe 3 stars. Inton found my copy in BH&G magazine. This was just not over liked at my house. My 6 yr old newphew loved it, while my future hubby hated it ( he don't like turkey soup) and I thought it was ok. I made a few minor changes to the recipe. I used bagged multi-grain corn tortillas, ground turkey, and I used 1 med peeled zucchini. There just wasn't much flavor it was spicy from med. salsa but not a lot of flavor. Overall I don 't think I'll make it again. Thanks christine (internernetnut)
- 18 inches corn tortillas, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup salsa (red or green)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 large zucchini, coarsley chopped
- lime wedge (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook tortilla strips in hot oil until crisp; remove with slotted spoon and drain in paper towels.
- In large saucepan combine salsa and chicken broth; bring to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Stir in turkey and zucchini; heat through.
- Serve in bowls; top with tortilla strips, lime wedges, sour cream, and cilantro.