Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an easy recipe for busy moms or people on the go. It's similar to chicken tortilla casserole except the chicken has been swapped for turkey and the tortillas are flour instead of corn. All the ingredients are easy to keep in the house for an on-the-spot dinner idea. Enjoy! If you follow the blood type diet this casserole is AB and B friendly.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 2 cups chunky salsa (I use spicy salsa without corn or corn products)
- 4 cooked turkey breast, thinly slice into cross sections (approx. 1/4-inch pieces)
- 5 soft taco-size flour tortillas, rip into 2-inchx2-inch pieces (this is to make cutting and serving easier later)
- 1.5 (12 ounce) bagsshredded Mexican blend cheese
- Mix the first three ingredients together and set aside.
- Spoon enough of the soup mixture onto the bottom of a 13"x9" baking dish to make a non stick coating. Layer tortillas close together but not overlapping. Then add a layer of sliced turkey breast. Pour approximately 1 1/2c. of soup mixture over turkey and spread it aroundt. The turkey should still be slightly visible. Then cover with a layer of cheese. How much cheese you add is to your discretion.
- Repeat the layer process twice more. I put a thin layer of cheese in the middle of the casserole and a healthy amount on top. Bake at 375 degrees on the middle rack of the oven for 35 minutes or until the cheese on top begins to brown and the layers under bubble up at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes then serve! You can also let it cool to a touchable state then freeze it in pieces.