Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found in Southern Living. Good for Turkey leftovers!
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked turkey breast (skinned before cooking and cooked without salt)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a Dutch Oven. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir in turkey and peas, then simmer for an additional 15 minutes.