Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
- 1 lb boneless skinless turkey thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces (2 medium)
- 2 small red potatoes, cubed (or white)
- 1 3⁄4 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Combine all ingredients, except parsley, in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 9 to 10 hours.
- Stir in parsley; serve.
This is a really different turkey soup, but we did like it. The dijon mustard gives it a creamy texture. We did feel that it needed some salt, but that is just our preference. Made for Let's Party, Winter 2009.