6 hrs 10 mins
My attempt to duplicate a MN State Fair favorite; after attempting to contact the MN Turkey Grower's Association with no luck in obtaining the secret recipe. From what I understand, the state fair turkey is deep fried -- this version is crockpot cooked and very easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove string from turkey breast (thawed, if you bought a frozen one).
- 2Place in crockpot.
- 3Add broth, seasonings and butter.
- 4Place a sheet of foil over breast meat to cover.
- 5Cover with crockpot lid.
- 6Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- 7Remove breast meat from crockpot, reserve liquid.
- 8Shred meat with forks.
- 9Place back in crockpot - add enough of the reserved liquid to moisten.
- 10Serve on buns.
- 11You may garnish with BBQ sauce - but I personally like it just as it is.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey to Go Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 177.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Butterball boneless breast of turkey
Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning