Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My attempt to duplicate a MN State Fair favorite; after attempting to contact the MN Turkey Grower's Association with no luck in obtaining the secret recipe. From what I understand, the state fair turkey is deep fried -- this version is crockpot cooked and very easy.
- 1 Butterball boneless breast of turkey
- 4 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- bun (either bakery hamburger style or BBQ bun style)
- Remove string from turkey breast (thawed, if you bought a frozen one).
- Place in crockpot.
- Add broth, seasonings and butter.
- Place a sheet of foil over breast meat to cover.
- Cover with crockpot lid.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Remove breast meat from crockpot, reserve liquid.
- Shred meat with forks.
- Place back in crockpot - add enough of the reserved liquid to moisten.
- Serve on buns.
- You may garnish with BBQ sauce - but I personally like it just as it is.
We did a taste test with a couple different recipes claiming to be just like the famous Turkey to Go. This won hands down!