- 2 large ears of corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 inches gingerroot, peeled and grated (or peeled and chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- olive oil (for drizzling)
- 2 large kaiser rolls, split
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mango chutney
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- seedless cucumber (stood on end and thinly sliced into strips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place corn in a skillet and cover with water; bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes; drain and return to pan.
- While the corn is cooking, make the burgers; heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Mix turkey, scallions, ginger, garlic, bell pepper, cilantro, curry paste, grill seasoning, and yogurt together.
- Form 3 large patties; drizzle patties with oil.
- Cook in hot skillet 5 minutes on each side.
- Back to the corn: melt butter with chili powder, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, and salt in a microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds.
- Stir melted butter and spices to combine; then pour over hot corn in pan.
- Shake pan to roll corn evenly in butter and spices.
- Place burgers on bun bottoms; spread mango chutney on bun tops.
- Top burgers with lettuce, tomato, and sliced cucumber; set bun tops in place.
- Serve with spiced corn on the cob.