Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Yes, I am on a crock pot kick :) I found a lot of really good recipes at the library...now if I could just remember which book they were from.
- 1 lb new potato, quartered
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs skinless turkey thighs
- 1⁄3 cup coarse grain brown mustard
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- In slow cooker, place potatoes. Place turkey thighs on top.
- In a small bowl stir together mustard, syrup and tapioca. Pour over turkey. Cover, cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-3 1/2 hours.
I made this today for dinner and it turned out delicious! I didn't have brown mustard, so I used regular yellow mustard and added a little dry mustard and brown sugar, didn't put the potatoes or tapioca, also sprinkled the thighs with a little salt and garlic powder before I put them in the crock. When they were done, the meat just fell off the bones and I thickened the juice with a little corn starch. Serving it with rice and broccoli. Yum! Thank you for this great recipe, I will make this again definately!
Yum!! Great comfort food! I make this with just the thighs and a little extra sauce - and serve it with mashed potatoes.