Recipe by Impera_Magna
I'm collecting casserole recipes that can be frozen b/c my DD is expecting and I would like to fill her freezer w/ easy, one-dish meals that she can just pop in the oven after the baby arrives. This sounds delicious and I will be making it shortly! (Cooking time includes 10 mins to let casserole "stand" after removing from oven.)
Top Review by tldugan
I cut this recipe out of the magazine, but lost it. I have been looking for it since. Thank you! I do a lot of freezer cooking, and this recipe does freeze wonderfully. It has a rich sauce and is sooo good. My kids adore it!
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 3 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked turkey (may sub chicken or ham)
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen tiny peas, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded baby swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup crushed onion and garlic croutons
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together soup & milk in large mixing bowl; whisk in Alfredo sauce.
- Stir in chopped turkey, spaghetti, peas, mushrooms, Swiss cheese, and 1/c c Parmesan cheese.
- Pour into lightly greased 15x10" baking dish.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 c Parmesan cheese, crushed croutons, and paprika; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 375* for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 mins before serving.
- NOTE #1: Casserole may be assembled and frozen up to 1 month. Thaw in frig overnight; baked, covered, for 40 minutes Uncover and bake 15 more mins or til cheese is melted and bubbly.
- NOTE #2: If you prefer a smaller casserole, use 2 11x7" baking dishes. Proceed as directed.