Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very easy dish & freezer wonderfully. I've used raw pasta as well as cooked & they come out the same.
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, broken in 3 " pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Combine spaghetti (either raw or cooked- your choice) with 1 cup Cheddar cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese, and remaining ingredients.
- Toss together; place in a greased casserole and sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Cook at 350 degrees F.
- ,covered, for about 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Very good- the sherry gives a good rich flavor. The only reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 stars is- at least for me- it is not a good idea to start with uncooked noodles- they wouldn't mix well with everything so I had to pull it out of the oven 1/2 way through to mix it all again. Also, since I did start with uncooked pasta, it all turned out a little bit dry (how much extra liquid do you add when you start with uncooked pasta?)That aside, it was tasty and a keeper. I plan on using chicken when I don't have turkey available.