1/3 Photos of Turkey Tetrazzini
1 hr 5 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Great noodle dish that you can make with leftover turkey or even chicken. Has a touch of nutmeg for that special flavor. Recipe courtesy of Karen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups turkey broth
- 1 cup heavy cream (may use evaporated milk)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey or 3 cups chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Cook spaghetti according to package directions and set aside until needed.
- 2Saute mushrooms in oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Set mushrooms aside.
- 4Wipe out pan.
- 5Melt butter in pan and add flour gradually, stirring with a whisk to form a roux.
- 6Cook until bubbly, then add broth slowly and keep stirring with whisk until mixture becomes thick.
- 7Remove sauce from heat.
- 8Stir in cream, Parmesan, and wine, mixing until cheese melts.
- 9Mix in turkey and mushrooms.
- 10Toss spaghetti with sauce mixture, coating noodles thoroughly.
- 11Place noodles in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 12Melt 2 tbsp butter and toss with bread crumbs.
- 13Sprinkle over the top of noodles.
- 14Sprinkle the nutmeg lightly over the top of the breadcrumbs.
- 15Bake noodles at 375F for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 803.1
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 149.0 mg
- Sodium 622.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 39.7 g