Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
This one originally came from the cookbook that came with my microwave. Very easy, tasty, and good for using ingredients on hand. I've also made it in the oven, and made it ahead to freeze and cook later. Cook time includes prep time.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups turkey or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or cream or soy milk)
- 2 cups cooked turkey or 2 cups chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Place spaghetti into greased 8*12 pan.
- Mix together margarine, onion, (I use dehydrated since my family doesn't like a lot of onion, and to make things easier.) and lemon juice.
- (The original recipe also calls for 1 4 oz can of mushrooms, which we don't like.) Microwave this in a 2 qt dish on high until margarine is melted and onions are soft.
- Stir in flour, salt, paprika and nutmeg, until smooth.
- Microwave 1 minutes on high.
- Stir well.
- Gradually stir in broth.
- Microwave on High 8-10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Mix in milk and turkey.
- Pour over spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Microwave at medium high 10 to 12 minutes.
This was excellent and easy. My husband raved about it and wasn't happy that I ate the left overs. I definitely want to try it using ham.
I recently started makeing this with chopped ham instead of turkey. We like it even better that way.
This was a good tasting and easy meal to make. I used the chicken and the only thing I did different was to saute the onion on the stove before hand.