Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Closest homemade version of Stouffers I have made. It's a favorite way to use roast turkey.
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut up in medium dice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 2⁄3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Saute celery in 2 T. butter for 1 minute, add sliced mushrooms, continue to saute about three minutes. Celery should be crisp tender.
- Remove vegetables from pan. Melt remainder of butter, add flour stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Add chicken broth slowly and heat to thicken, adding cream and sherry, salt and pepper.
- Add turkey, and cooked vegetables to thickened sauce and combine with cooked pasta.
- Place in buttered casserole, add panko crumbs on top, bake 325 for 1/ 2 hour.
Forgot to post stars.
I didn't have sherry, but otherwise made it as directed. It was so good and a different way to use up my leftovers.