Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Yet another recipe for the old after-Thanksgiving/Christmas standby, this one for the crock pot.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (385 ml) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered and toasted (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Fry the onion, mushrooms, celery, red pepper, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape into the slow cooker.
- Add the turkey and flour to the slow cooker and toss to coat.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, sherry and paprika.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until tender but firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and add to the sauce; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the cheese, almonds (if using) and parsley.