Recipe by WorkingMom2three
I searched through every Zaar turkey tetrazini recipe, and they were all so heavy and caloric. This one is 322c/9fat per serving. I decided I would add the one that I have been using - everyone really liked it.
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese (2 oz) or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (2 oz)
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, sliced
- 2 pimientos, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente and drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, saute the mushrooms in the butter or margarine, stirring them often, until they are just tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Add the Worcestershire sauce, and simmer the sauce stirring it, until it has thickened somewhat.
- Add the Swiss cheese or Cheddar, green pepper, scallions, and pimientos to the sauce, and mix the ingredients well. Stir in the turkey and spaghetti, combining the mixture well. Pour the mixture into a greased 2-quart shallow casserole or baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the Parmesan.
- Bake the casserole, uncovered, in a preheated 350°F oven for about 20 minutes or until it is heated through.