Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is for OAMC so it makes 2, 4 quart and 1, 2 quart casseroles. My family loves dark meat, that is why I used the thigh and leg but you can use white meat instead. A great comfort food and way to use left over turkey meat. My family loves this casserole. Would make a great Pot Luck dish.
- 3 lbs spaghetti
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 large yellow onion, Chopped Small
- 5 celery ribs, Chopped Small
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (8 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cooked turkey thighs, Meat Removed
- 2 cooked turkey legs, Meat Removed
- Break spaghetti in three's and cook Ala dente, rinse and drain well.
- Saute onion, celery and mushrooms in 6 tbl. butter until soft and then set aside.
- Make a roux using the remaining 6 tbl. butter and 6 tbl. flour and cook on medium for about 10 minutes whisking continuous.
- Add the broth and garlic slowly and continue to whisk for about 10 minutes, mixture will not be thick.
- Add parmesan cheese, half and half, celery, onions, mushrooms and mix well.
- Mix in a very large bowl the turkey meat, spaghetti and rest of ingredients making sure to mix very well.
- Spray 2, 4 quart and 1, 2 quart casserole pans with Pam spray and add mixture. Put buttered bread crumbs on top.
- Cook in 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes.