Recipe by janem123
I adapted this from "Quick & Easy Weeknight Favorites". It can be made ahead and frozen before baking, but freeze the bread crumbs separately and sprinkle over casserole before reheating. Time to prepare does not include cooking time for the spaghetti.
- 1 (8 ounce) package thin spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup wine (any kind you have open)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups turkey breast or 2 cups chicken breasts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup soft breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a dutch oven with nonstick spray and place over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms, green pepper, and onion. Saute until tender.
- Combine cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, wine, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add cooked spaghetti, vegetable mixture, and turkey or chicken. Stir well.
- Spoon into a 9 X 13 baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15-20 minutes more or until bubbly.