Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 lbs chicken or 2 lbs turkey, cooked
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can sliced mushroom (, 7 oz.)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans chicken broth
- Saute onions, celery, and peppers in margarine.
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Bake at 350 F.
- until bubbly (approximately 45 minutes).
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
- Fills 2 (9x13 inch) casserole pans.
- Can be halved.
I loved this (and so did everyone else who ate it) I substituted the turkey stock I made the day earlier for the broth and added three different types of shredded cheeses. Also added tarragon and garlic (since those are my favorite with poultry) and added about a pound of broccoli (cooked al dente) It was absolutely perfect for a one dish meal with warm bread.
I made this the day after Christmas. Let me tell you after spending two days in the kitchen preparing for Christmas it was great to get in and out of the kitchen in 30 minutes. Used my leftover turkey with egg noodles instead of spaghetti and whipping cream instead of the condensed soup, (i didn't have these items so I substituted). My husband LOVED it. It was so tasty. I will definately add this this to my regular menu.
I halfed this recipe and we just loved it. I had a leftover turkey breast in the freezer from the last time I brined a turkey and it was just fantastic. This is a keeper!!!