Recipe by Lilladyc
Delicious and easy grilling recipe that has good flavor, but is also low in calories per serving. Excellent served with a good rice recipe.Prep time depends on how long you want to marinate.
Top Review by MizzNezz
I had chicken breast halves handy, so I made this with them. I used sherry wine and brown sugar. The marinade had a very good flavor. Just sweet enough. I also added some green pepper chunks to the skewers. I will definitely make this one again. Thanks!!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh turkey breast, slices
- 1⁄4 cup sake or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar or 3 tablespoons brown sugar or 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 inch fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 4 green onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut turkey into 2-inch-wide strips.
- Combine sake, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic and oil in 2-quart glass dish.
- Add turkey; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes or overnight.
- Remove turkey from marinade; discard marinade.
- Thread turkey onto metal or wooden skewers (that have been soaked for half an hour to prevent burning) alternately with mushrooms and green onions.
- Grill on covered grill over medium-hot coals about 3 minutes per side until turkey is cooked through.