Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Although I have not yet made this, my sister served it to us on New Year's Eve. It was delicious!
- 1 lb turkey breast tenderloin, cut crosswise into narrow strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 packet low-sodium beef bouillon powder, dissolved in
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 3 leeks, trimmed,thinly sliced (with 1 inch of light green tops remaining)
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked according to directions on package
- Dredge turkey strips in flour.
- Saute in oil and butter about 4 minutes, turning often, and adding a little broth if necessary.
- Add broth and next 5 ingredients.
- Simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over linguine.
We loved this! I never would have though of combining broth, balsamic vinegar, nutmeg and pepper into a sauce, but it works very well in this. I substituted chicken for the turkey because chicken was on sale, and I used broccoli instead of leeks because my daughter and husband dislike onions. Otherwise, I did the recipe as written and we really enjoyed our dinner tonight. Thanks Whisper, this was very good!