Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty option to the whole bird. Tenderloins or fillets are the feather-shaped part of the breast. This recipe featuring tenderloins serves four to six people, depending on the size of the tenderloins. The recipe can easily be doubled for a larger crowd.
- 4 turkey tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups canned whole cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange pieces
- Brown tenderloins in butter in skillet. Lower heat to simmer and cover. Cook about 20 minutes until meat juices run clear.
- Remove tenderloins and keep warm. Pour off excess drippings.
- Add cranberry sauce, cloves and sugar to skillet. Heat over low heat. Add orange pieces.
- Spoon sauce over tenderloins to serve or spoon some sauce onto serving plate and top with sliced tenderloins.
- Garnish with orange twists if desired.
- Serve with wild or brown rice. Enjoy.
Surprisingly yummy... I'm not a fan of turkey, but my husband is on a health kick and I needed some new recipes for lean protein. I followed the recipe exactly, except for the fact that after I made the sauce, I added the turkey and let them cook together for a few minutes.
Made this yesterday and hubby, who is very picky about sauces, liked it. I was out of clove so I substituted with ginger and it was still great. I made the sauce seperately so that I could use any excess for vegetarian dishes. I've been using it on burgers with teriyaki sauce and it's great! I'm hoping to use it again this holiday season, and maybe earlier! Thanks, Little Elf!
nice and easy and delicious. Definitely a keeper.