Recipe by Miss ~V~
I first had this delicious recipe at a Bunko game. I have made it several times since and everyone just raves over it! There are never any left over!
Top Review by Mommajamma
Great flavor combination! I used green onions and basil from the garden and took these to a birthday brunch. Received a lot of compliments on the combined flavors. I will make them again. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup minced scallion (white and green parts)
- 1 loaf raisin nut bread
- 8 slices fresh turkey or 8 slices smoked turkey breast (thin slices)
- fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cream cheese and scallions together ahead of time so the flavors can blend.
- Lay out 8 slices of bread and spread them all with a thin layer of scallion cream cheese.
- Place a single layer of turkey on half the slices, cutting the edges to fit the bread.
- Place the basil leaves randomly on top of the turkey.
- Top with the other 4 slices of bread, cream cheese side down.
- Wrap and refrigerate until the cream cheese is cold and firm.
- Cut the sandwiches into whatever shapes desired.
- Serve chilled.