Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A quick and easy variation of the classic casserole. By substituting a few things in the recipe, it becomes more nutritious and less fat.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup (other creamed soups may be substituted, such as cream of broccoli or cream of mushroom)
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tater tots (or enough to cover the surface of the casserole)
- Cook and drain the ground turkey and place it into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Layer the green beans on top of the ground turkey.
- Spread the cream of mushroom soup on top of the green beans.
- Place the sliced cheese in a layer over the top of the soup.
- Scatter the tater tots over the top of the casserole, making sure to cover the surface.
- Cover with a lid and cook at 400°F for 45 minutes or until the tater tots are browned.
Went together quickly, was delicious. So glad we had leftovers for another meal.
This was good! I only had 1/2 lb of turkey so I used that and added 2 cans of beans to make up for it. It was delicious! Thank you!
My family loved this! I used Cream of chicken soup and colby jack cheese because it what I had on hand. I also substituted veg-all instead of green beans.