Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthier version of a beef tamale--and in a convenient casserole form. (even better as leftovers)
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 (10 ounce) can low-sodium tomato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) corn muffin mix (made with water)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brown turkey with chili powder.
- Add soup, pepper, corn, salsa, and water--cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon into casserole dish--place prepared corn mix onto top. Bake about 20 minutes.
Really enjoyed this! My 4 yo son loves Mexican, and he was able to help me make it. I used ground beef this time, but will try turkey another time. This will be a great recipe for when I have to take a meal to a friend with a new baby, etc!