Recipe by jessgalland
This is a low carb revision of a tamale casserole and I could be happier with it.
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning
- 283.49 g can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 354.88 ml shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 236.59 ml almond flour
- 59.14 ml melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml milk
- 29.58 ml coconut flour
- 1 shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8x8 glass pan and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat, brown turkey till cooked through and drain.
- Add taco seasoning & water as indicated on seasoning and cook per package directions.
- While the meat is cooking, mix the almond meal, garlic salt, coconut flour & baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Stir melted butter, milk & 2 beaten eggs into the dry ingredients with a wisk until well blended. Set aside.
- Add rotel tomatoes & heat through.
- Remove skillet from the heat and mix in the single beaten egg.
- Spread meat tomatoe mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread black beans over the meat mixture.
- Spread with 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Pour the batter over the cheese and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown on top & a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Serve with your favorite "taco" style garnishes.