1 hr 5 mins
This is a low carb revision of a tamale casserole and I could be happier with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease an 8x8 glass pan and set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat, brown turkey till cooked through and drain.
- 4Add taco seasoning & water as indicated on seasoning and cook per package directions.
- 5While the meat is cooking, mix the almond meal, garlic salt, coconut flour & baking soda in a medium bowl.
- 6Stir melted butter, milk & 2 beaten eggs into the dry ingredients with a wisk until well blended. Set aside.
- 7Add rotel tomatoes & heat through.
- 8Remove skillet from the heat and mix in the single beaten egg.
- 9Spread meat tomatoe mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 10Spread black beans over the meat mixture.
- 11Spread with 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- 12Pour the batter over the cheese and spread evenly.
- 13Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese.
- 14Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown on top & a tooth pick comes out clean.
- 15Serve with your favorite "taco" style garnishes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Tamale Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.4
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 204.4 mg
- Sodium 1306.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mexican blend cheese